Primarius Vlasta Brozičević, MD
Who is Vlasta Brozičević?
Vlasta Brozičević, MD, is a physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist as well as rheumatologist with over 30 years of experience in treatment and rehabilitation from musculoskeletal disorders in age groups ranging from youth to geriatric persons, and in world class professional and amateur athletes. She created the DRVB Method, unique in its efficiency, holistic approach, detailed diagnostics, individual therapy, supervision and assessment, based on a rigourous scoring methodology.
- She has treated over 40,000 patients from 86 countries across 6 continents, including 120 Olympic athletes — among them several world champions.
- She is the author or co-author of more than 60 papers, and has been a lecturer at 70+ educational events, including professional development events, seminars, courses, workshops, and international gatherings for scientific experts.
- She has been a Featured Speaker at 40+ events in Croatia and other European countries.
- Initiator and author of over 30 research projects aimed at optimization of patient outcomes.
- She has participated in 100+ prestigious scientific and professional events worldwide to stay abreast of the latest developments in her field.
- Organiser and co-organiser of nearly 100 events at Terme Selce Health Clinic and in the local community.
- Holder of more than 20 recognitions and awards.
- A member of 14 international organisations, including the International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery, and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and the European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy.
- Co-organiser of the First International Mountain Tourism Alliance.
- Co-operates with prestigious international and Croatian medical science training institutions. She is a long-standing associate of leading world experts in the field of reconstructive and orthopaedic surgery.
- A sports medicine specialist and an official physician of the Croatian National Ski Team.
- A member of the Medical Committee of the International Ski Federation (FIS), Medical Commission of the Croatian Olympic Committee (COO), and of the European Olympic Committee (EOO).