Neurorehabilitation includes procedures for conditions after:
- cerebrovascular insult
- craniocerebral injuries
- surgery on the brain and spinal cord (removal of tumors, aneurysms)
- peripheral nerve injuries
- spinal injuries
- inflammatory polyradiculitis (Guillian Barre Sy), spinal muscular atrophy, ALS, etc.
and rehabilitation for neurological deficits.
Neurorehabilitation programs for conditions after:
- Parkinson's disease
- multiple sclerosis
- inflammatory and compressive syndromes of peripheral nerves
Neurorehabilitation is very complex and consists of:
- electrostimulation of individual muscle groups and nerves
- hypobaric therapies and other physical procedures with the support of psychologists and other specialist doctors on the indication
- kinesitherapy with emphasis on special techniques and skills of PNF therapists - PROPRIOCEPTIVE NEUROMUSCULAR FACILITATION…
- manual techniques to reduce muscle spasm
- exercises on an isokinetic dynamometer
Info flyer: Vacusac (Hypobaric therapy)
Prim. Vlasta Brozičević, MD spec.
in physical medicine and rehabilitation, rheumatology