Behind you is arthroscopy, knee endoprosthesis, hip or other complex surgery of the shoulder, foot or spine? You have only gone halfway, because what follows is postoperative rehabilitation.
Quality and timely rehabilitation after surgery is extremely important, because it determines the speed and quality of your complete recovery.
The medical program of rehabilitation and physical therapy, after the operation, in the Polyclinic Terme in Selce and Rijeka is carried out according to the drVB Method.
The method is individualized, determined in collaboration with the surgeon, and is under the daily supervision of a specialist physician.
Applying a series of state-of-the-art procedures provides you with safe, fast and efficient rehabilitation.
We provide postoperative rehabilitation for conditions after:
- arthroscopic surgery of the knee, shoulder, elbow, hip, TC
- surgical treatment of cartilage, microfractures of the knee, shoulder, elbow, hip, TC
- corrective osteotomies
- spine surgery
- surgically treated fractures of the extremities and spine
- burn rehabilitation
- reconstruction of the ligaments of the knee and other joints
- meniscus reconstruction
- limb amputation conditions
- conditions of bone and joint tumor surgery and implantation of tumor endoprostheses
- conditions of nerve injury and minimally invasive neurosurgical procedures
- conditions of reconstructive and aesthetic plastic operations
- limb transplantation conditions
- states of multiple trauma
- meniscus and cartilage transplants
- implantation of knee, shoulder, elbow, hip, TC endoprosthesis
With continuous monitoring, therapies are performed for the purpose of faster reduction of swelling and edema, wound healing, return of function, or achieving the physiological range of motion of the hip, knee, shoulder, elbow, ankle or spine…
From the first day of the stay, special attention is paid to the tone and trophism of the muscles that are weakened after the operation and make recovery more difficult. Medical checkups are performed once a week, and visits daily. Postoperative rehabilitation is performed for an average of 2-3 weeks, and sometimes longer, depending on the surgical procedure and the patient's clinical condition.
Prim. Vlasta Brozičević, MD spec.
in physical medicine and rehabilitation, rheumatology